Wednesday, June 01, 2005

About Me


I have been into photography for over 30 years. I started with a Yashica rangefinder I picked up in a pawn shop. I eventually worked my way up to a Nikon EM and knew I was home. I have had several bodies and lenses over the years. My current film body is an F100 which I love.
In December of 2004 I got a D70. I may never shoot film again. I love digital.
My photography sort of sagged for a few years, but I feel I have made some big improvement in the last 2 or 3 years. But, I think that going digital has been the best thing so far. I think my creativity has improved since I have started taking more chances. The instant feedback and low cost (after the initial purchase) makes taking lots of shots I would not have attempted before practical.
I have always enjoyed seeing my work and hope other will too. I started this blog as a creative outlet. Sometimes I feel like I will explode if I can't be creative in some way. I am also very much enjoying being able to look at so much fine photography on the web. There is some really great work out there. I would also very much like to benefit from some constructive criticism from other photographers. The web and this blog are going to help in this area.

My wife of 30 years, and counting, is also into photography. She is currently shooting a Nikon Coolpix 995. She has her own blog at reneesphoto.blogspot.com . We enjoy seeking out new photo opps together. We have different eyes, but I think we are complimentary.

Well, welcome and have a look around.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got mad skillz. Keep up da woik.

Anonymous said...

Sam,

These are fantastic pictures! My computer only downlaoaded about 2/3 of the pics. I am sure that has something to do with my system.
God work!

Bob

Anonymous said...

Wow! I finally got to see the whole blog, and I'm blown away. I knew you were good, but this is beyond words!

If beauty is healing, then you're blog is a balm!

Your OLD friend... the wise and Humble person

Anonymous said...

You have captured some amazing images. You have taken pictures of the San Jacinto River near Kingwood and I have seen a photographer there in a john boat - is that you?

ShutterSam said...

Thanks for you comment, but no I have not taken any shots from a john boat.

Sam